Skip to main content

Passport Suspension & Child Support Delinquency

Call a Miami Child Support Lawyer at DADvocacy™ Law Firm

If you are paying child support and fall behind on payments, resulting a delinquency of $2,500 or more, the U.S. Department of State can initiate proceedings to suspend your passport. This is a complex matter that needs to be addressed immediately by a skilled Miami child support attorney. There are steps you can take to have your passport reinstated, but full payment of child support will most likely be required. Call DADvocacy™ Law Firm at (305) 371-7640.

As Miami fathers’ rights lawyers, we at DADvocacy™ Law Firm understand how passport suspension proceedings are initiated. We help fathers whose passports have already been suspended and can also work to prevent suspension in the first place. These cases involve dealing with state and federal government agencies, but we are well-equipped to assert your rights to the fullest extent. We can also help if you need to initiate child support enforcement proceedings as a recipient of support.

Learn more about passport suspension and child support delinquency by calling (305) 371-7640. Speak with our seasoned child support lawyer in Miami today!

U.S. CSE Passport Suspension Proceedings

Passport suspension is made possible by the United States Child Support Enforcement Program (CSE), which is a partnership between local, state, and federal governments created to make the enforcement of child support easier and more effective. CSE offers help to parents entitled to receive child support and may employ various collection methods, including wage garnishment, tax refund seizure, and driver’s license suspension. If the amount of child support owed exceeds $2,500, harsher penalties may be employed. Passport revocation is one of these.

If your case has been referred to the Passport Denial Program and your passport revoked, you will need to:

  • Pay the entire past due balance of child support owed; or
  • Enter into an approved payment arrangement.

Only then will the CSE notify the Passport Denial Program and have your name removed from the child support arrearage list. You can then travel on your current passport or apply for a new one, or if you applied while you were on the list, Passport Services will have the authorization to continue processing your application.

Our practiced Miami child support attorney at DADvocacy™ Law Firm can help you make informed choices about your passport suspension case. These are serious matters and must be dealt with immediately and in accordance with the law. We believe taking a proactive approach is the best way to deal with passport revocation.

To get started, call (305) 371-7640 to speak with an attorney about your
family law case. Our practiced child support lawyers in Miami are ready to guide you! Se habla Español.

Serving Dads Across Miami

Why Hire DADvocacy Law Firm™

Our firm serves as a place of refuge for fathers looking to reclaim their rights. Whether our clients deal with matters relating to divorcechild custodychild supportpaternity rightsprenuptial agreements, and visitation rights, we step right in to ensure that their best interests are heard, protected, and accounted for. It is our mission to make top-notch representation affordable and accessible to dads across Miami.

Serving Committed
Loving Dads

24-Hour Turnaround

Bilingual Legal Staff

Flat Fees & Fixed Rates

Law Firm Serving Dads

Free Case Evaluations